MS changes IE and IIS TCP/IP rules

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 12:33:11 -0500

On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 05:13:14PM -0800, Matt Alexander wrote:
/_Interesting...  Microsoft is using TCP/IP in a way that makes IE respond
/_faster to IIS and slower to non-IIS webservers:
/_
/_http://grotto11.com/blog/?+1039831658
/_
/_Could someone with IE and IIS please verify this?  A dump of TCP/IP
/_traffic with different versions of IE and IIS would be ideal.
/_
I think have a 2000 server hanging around in a VMWare file somewhere
in which I will try replicate/confirm this. Is there any reason
why one couldn't do some dumps from an IIS server off the net?