CD Burner hour-ratings? was: Re: PLUG CD Service: Proposal

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 09:48:56 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth William Lindley on 1/6/2003 09:41 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, David A. Sinck wrote:
\_ > How long is your burner rated for?
\_
\_ Do lasers really burn out?  First I've heard of it.

It's not necessarily the shiny light.  There's mechanical and
electrical stuff in there too.  And, if it's anything like my case, a
herd of dust bunnies.

Of course, if you tweak the laser really high, it will burn out really
well.  "How ever did you cut this perfectly round fan hole in the top
of your case?"  :-)  YMMV.

David
	 Remember: Do not look into laser with remaining eye.