PLUG CD Service: Proposal

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 08:26:22 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth Dennis Kibbe on 1/4/2003 19:06 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ I've been thinking PLUG members especially newbies and those with 300 baud
\_ modem <g> might welcome a CD Service where for a nominal fee $2~3 per CD some
\_ of the popular Distros would be available to pick up at the meetings or via
\_ the post.
\_ [...]
\_ What do you think?

Supplies:

1) have an N+1 or 2N blank "charge"
2) use cdrws and ask for a return for reburn later
3) Maybe get azoto to fund a purchase of a stack of blank cdrs/cdrws.

How long is your burner rated for?  We (at least I) don't want you to
have to burn through a burner every 4 months (or whatever) without
getting some sort of recompense/replacement that covers plug's usage.
It's your call, but eventually something is going to give.  Maybe
'donate' the burner to azoto and use it as a tax write off?

YMMV.

David