new Knoppix

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 07:40:18 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth der.hans on 1/4/2003 16:17 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ moin, moin,
\_
\_ working on stuff for the class this Wed and I noticed a new Knoppix. Klaus
\_ really pops 'em out :).
\_
\_ There's now a way to get a persistent home directory for Knoppix.
\_
\_ http://www.linuxtag.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1039266867
\_
\_ Someone's suggested getting Knoppix running from a USB keychain microdrive.
\_ Those're a little small to be useful ( 128 MB? ). Maybe get Kix, Knoppix for
\_ MiniCD, to work on them once a little larger version is available.

But can you boot from a usb keychain?

I've been looking at the keychain doohickeys, but have throught the
they were too small...I'm waiting for a gig ala...crap, one of those
scifi books I read many a moon ago.  Had the AI head of MIT as a
collaborator.  'gigaproms' and public access terminals and
self-replication robots and all sorts of tasty stuff.

David