HIPA and Network Configs

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 04 Jan 2003 22:55:12 -0800 (PST)

Quoting Gary Nichols <gary@linuxforce.org>:
> Yep, it's not convenient to lose wireless - but how inconvenient will
> it be to have hundreds of thousands of patients get their identities
> stolen?    *shiver*  Especially if it's mine or yours!!

I just received letter from my Health Care Insurer informing me their servers
were stolen, and my personal info (and claims info) was on the box.  Darned
nice of them to tell me what to do if I suspect my identity has been stolen.
They also addressed the precautions they are taking to prevent it from
happening again.  Looks like a lack of due diligence to me . . .

George