SAMBA Printer woes

Sundar plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 09:01:13 -0700

Hello,

I am trying to access the printer on my linux server from Win2K, but I get
the following error
 "ACCESS DENIED, UNABLE TO CONNECT"

On WIN2K.log
[2003/01/04 08:30:05, 0] smbd/password.c:authorise_login(863)
  authorise_login: rejected invalid user nobody

I have logged in to win2k with the user name/password, which is also the
right combination for samba. I have successfully mounted a samba share on
win2k with that username and password.

Any help is appreciated.

Sundar

smb.conf

######################################
# This is the main Samba configuration file. You should read the

# smb.conf(5) manual page in order to understand the options listed

# here. Samba has a huge number of configurable options (perhaps too

# many!) most of which are not shown in this example

#

# Any line which starts with a ; (semi-colon) or a # (hash)

# is a comment and is ignored. In this example we will use a #

# for commentry and a ; for parts of the config file that you

# may wish to enable

#

# NOTE: Whenever you modify this file you should run the command "testparm"

# to check that you have not many any basic syntactic errors.

#

#======================= Global Settings
=====================================

[global]

path = /home

smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd

domain master = yes

printing = lprng

dns proxy = yes

netbios name = snoopy

netbios aliases = snoopy

encrypt passwords = yes

name resolve order = hosts dns bcast

# valid users = sundar,janet,@users

security = user

bind interfaces only = no

printcap name = /etc/printcap

announce as = Samba Server

max log size = 0

interfaces = eth0

domain logons = yes

# ssl ca certfile = /usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt

server string = Samba Server

local master = yes

workgroup = ESARAVANA.COM

log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log