nVidia Problems (Follow-up_

Michael Wittman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 22:56:53 -0700

On Wed, Jan 01, 2003 at 08:34:37PM -0700, A.P. Etc wrote:
> I replaced the systems GF2 with my old AGP TNT2. OpenGL now functions flawlessy, I even played Tuxracer for 10 minutes to make sure. I put the GF2 back in and it halts again. Is this possible a hardware problem then? It was a direct pull from a working Windows system, so I'm hoping it's just a conflict.

I had a similar problem with my GeForce2 card when I tried to upgrade
to the 1.0-4191 driver recently.  GDM worked OK, but when I logged in
the system locked up.  I reverted to the 1.0-3123 driver, which works
for me.  You might try an earlier driver on the off chance that you have
the same problem.

-Mike