Mailman 2.1

DarthLinux plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 22:40:02 -0700

--Apple-Mail-6--1072907271

well- i cant even add my name to the list thru the html interface..

it says i have subscribed on the post submission page.... but i get no
confirmation..
and no name added to the list.when i check in the admin controls..

i'm beginning to become frustrated ..
tho on a lighter note...
new ep of farscape next week..

On Friday, Jan 3, 2003, at 15:55 America/Phoenix, Darrell Shandrow
wrote:

> [...]
> your delivery address.
>
> List specific commands (subscribe, who, etc) should be sent to the
> *-request address for the particular list, e.g. for the 'mailman'
> list, use
> 'mailman-request@...'.
>
> About the descriptions - words in "<>"s signify REQUIRED items and
> words in "[]" denote OPTIONAL items.  Do not include the "<>"s or
> "[]"s when you use the commands.
>
> The following commands are valid:
>
>     subscribe [password] [digest-option] [address=<address>]
>         Subscribe to the mailing list.  Your password must be given to
>         unsubscribe or change your options.  When you subscribe to the
>         list, you'll be reminded of your password periodically.
>         'digest-option' may be either: 'nodigest' or 'digest' (no
>         quotes!)  If you wish to subscribe an address other than the
>         address you send this request from, you may specify
>         "address=<email address>" (no brackets around the email
>         address, no quotes!)
>
>     unsubscribe <password> [address]
>         Unsubscribe from the mailing list.  Your password must match
>         the one you gave when you subscribed.  If you are trying to
>         unsubscribe from a different address than the one you
>         subscribed from, you may specify it in the 'address' field.
>
>     who
>         See everyone who is on this mailing list.
>
>     info
>         View the introductory information for this list.
>
>     lists
>         See what mailing lists are run by this Mailman server.
>
>     help
>         This message.
>
>     set <option> <on|off> <password>
>         Turn on or off list options.  Valid options are:
>
>         ack:
>             Turn this on to receive acknowledgement mail when you send
>             mail to the list.
>
>         digest:
>             Receive mail from the list bundled together instead of one
>             post at a time.
>
>         plain:
>             Get plain-text, not MIME-compliant, digests (only if
>             digest is set)
>
>         nomail:
>             Stop delivering mail.  Useful if you plan on taking a
>             short vacation.
>
>         norcv:
>             Turn this on to NOT receive posts you send to the list.
>             Does not work if digest is set.
>
>         hide:
>             Conceals your address when people look at who is on this
>             list.
>
>     options
>         Show the current values of your list options.
>
>     password <oldpassword> <newpassword>
>         Change your list password.
>
>     end or --
>        Stop processing commands (good to do if your mailer
>        automatically adds a signature file - it'll save you from a lot
>        of cruft).
>
> Commands should be sent to
> bpc270-request@shandrow.com
>
> Questions and concerns for the attention of a person should be sent to

</fontfamily></bold>tho on a lighter note...

new ep of farscape next week..

On Friday, Jan 3, 2003, at 15:55 America/Phoenix, Darrell Shandrow
Check out the following help info from Mailman:

Help for Bpc270 mailing list:

This is email command help for version 2.0.13 of the "Mailman" list

manager.  The following describes commands you can send to get

information about and control your subscription to Mailman lists at

this site.  A command can be in the subject line or in the body of the

message.

Note that much of the following can also be accomplished via the World

Wide Web, at:

In particular, you can use the Web site to have your password sent to

your delivery address.

List specific commands (subscribe, who, etc) should be sent to the

[...]

<excerpt>thanx for all the help everyone!

after taking a break to drink a greyhound and consult with scsi, the

resident feline supervisor, i hit it again last night and seem to have

a list running.

now...

heheh

how do i make it so that people can subscribe or unsubscribe thru
email

only..? it looks like a web interface is how its default to run.

after setting everything up.. it may not do what i want !

DL

On Friday, Jan 3, 2003, at 07:06 America/Phoenix, Darrell Shandrow

wrote:

<excerpt>Hi DL and Patrick,

[...]

<excerpt>thanx-

DL