I was hoping to send a message titled, "This is coming to you via 2.4.20."

Patrick Fleming EA plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 07:34:24 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Michael Havens wrote:

> But the new kernel panicked.
> The errors it gave was :
>
> kmod: failed to exec /sbin/mod/prob -s -k scsi_hostadaptor, errno = 2
> kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:05

Do you have scsi drives? My bet would be that you didn't compile scsi into
the kernel. You can't mount scsi drives as the root fs if you compile scsi
as modules.

--
Patrick Fleming, EA
http://myhdvest.com/patrickfleming