Mailman 2.1

DarthLinux plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 23:06:16 -0700

Patrick-
thank you, i'm a few steps closer.
tho i'm still a little lost.

> Copy the above into your /etc/aliases file and run newaliases
>>  newaliases
> /etc/aliases: 51 aliases, longest 49 bytes, 708 bytes total

ok.. i think i got that..
had to cd over to /usr/bin first tho
/etc/aliases: 55 aliases, longest 52 bytes, 1067 bytes total

got a prob with this tho: i dont understand what all this stuff does.
<treat me like the vacuous in-duh-vidual i occasionally channel>
  anyway, i added all this stuff to httpd.conf:

> #
> #  httpd configuration settings for use with mailman.
> #
>
> ScriptAlias /mailman/ /var/mailman/cgi-bin/
> Alias /pipermail/ /var/mailman/archives/public/
> <Directory /var/mailman/archives>
> 	Options +FollowSymlinks
> </Directory>
>
> #
> # Uncomment the following line, replacing www.example.com with your
> server's
> # name, to redirect queries to /mailman to the listinfo page
> (recommended).

when i called up mydomain/mailman
i recieved:

Mailman CGI error!!!
The Mailman CGI wrapper encountered a fatal error. This entry is being
stored in your syslog:

Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the CGI
wrapper script to be executed as group "nobody", but
the system's web server executed the CGI script as
group "apache".  Try tweaking the web server to run the
script as group "nobody", or re-run configure,
providing the command line option `--with-cgi-gid=apache'.

now what?
<please note the aforementioned channeling talent>
thanx-
DL