Debian/Knoppix add new user.

Andrew and Kimi Adams plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
02 Jan 2003 14:55:50 -0700

The adduser script on Debian does not have all the "good" things one
would like to have when adding a user.  I do not have an easy solution
to give you in replace of that though.  I have had to funky around with
mine until it at least did some of what I did not want to retype every
time I add someone.

userdel -r username to remove the user.  But if the user "knoppix"
exists, it may be specific to the Knoppix OS and be required.

Kimi Adams