Qwest/Actiontec/Cisco/Server issues

klsmith plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 20:54:04 -0700

> Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2003 19:51:11 -0700
> From: Don Calfa <tvat3000@netscape.net>
> To: plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
> Subject: Re: PLUG-discuss digest, Vol 1 #3149 - 13 msgs
>
> I changed the default 192.168.0.1 of the gateway to 10.0.0.1.  easier to
> type and subnet for experiments.
>
> I have:
> No services blocked
> No website blocking
> L2TP is off
> Remote management is off.  As long as you're within your internal
> network, the external IP will work.  If this is on, you can acces this
> from the outside.

Okay I'm the same.

> Port fowarding - I have a slew of addresses going to multiple servers.
>  Listed as 80-80 to 10.0.0.20, 20-23 to 10.0.0.10, 8080-8080 to

> 10.0.0.30, etc...
> DMZ is off right now but it does work when I used it for ILS temporarily.

> MAC address is default
> NAT is on
> Static routes:
> 10.0.0.10/255.255.255.0,10.0.0.1
> 10.0.0.20/255.255.255.0,10,0,0,1
> etc...

I'm not sure about this one.

> I have a static IP but I obtain it through PPPoA and I'm not using the
> wireless feature since I plan on returning it back to Qwest after the
> contract.
>

> Hope this helps.

Seems I "was" configured properly.

I went to the actiontec site and found what they called the QWest firmware
1.60.0.49.  Thinking there might be a bug.  I did the upgrade - which was
actually moving backwords given the release date.  All went well according
to the feedback.

Now I can not access the actiontec.  It appears dead.

Anyone have an idea?  I know with the Cisco one could get into debug mode
and fix the malconfigured image, however this was through serial.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Keith