nVidia Problems

MG plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 1 Jan 2003 20:04:12 -0700

Hi Mark,
I am not sure what the problem is on your system, but I installed the Nvidia
drivers this way.
downloaded the

operating system: Linux IA32 (IA32=pentium[mmx,ll.lll.lV])(IA64=Itanium or
Itanium II processors)(AMD64=AMD's Hammer chips)
version: 1.0-4191
release:12/11/2002

I used the src rpms because wasn't all that sure which rpm to use I'm running
MDK8.2 on a Athlon 1.5 on an ECS board with a Geforce4 agp.

pretty much followed the Readme at:
http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86_40/1.0-4191/README
on building and installing the kernel and glx drivers,
then editing the XF86Config or on my system XF86Config-4 file.
also instructions on useing tar also.
I did all in console with the X server not running as they instructed
and worked out nice.
A forum to check also is:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=84fb0e3b9b9d47c645e96cad87e4f9e4&forumid=14

I'm a newbie, but it worked for me, good luck :-)

Mike