Cost for Cox Business connection?

Don Calfa plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 14:41:50 -0700

I pay Qwest monthly for DSL of $21.  I pay Deru quarterly for an IP
address of $80ish.  I used to work for an ISP and no matter how many
LEC's out there, there is only 1 LEC monopoly for the area.  In this
area, it's Qwest.  Where I'm from, it is BellSouth.

You order an ISDN line from a CLEC and they have to order it from the
monopoly.

So your fears are substantiated.  I pay my DSL directly to the monopoly.
 My ISP is in no danger.