KDM login problems

Jeremy C. Reed plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:20:44 -0800 (PST)

> ~/.xinitrc

Generally that is used when used when starting X via xinit (or startx).

> On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 06:29:13PM +0000, Aaron Cordova wrote:
> > I have set init to launch KDM when in run level 5. I get the nice KDM login
> > screen but once I log in I get a xconsole instead of the Kdesktop. In
> > Xsession I have it set to launch "startkde" but since KDE is not starting
> > up I think I edited the wrong script. I'm not using a precompiled distro
> > I'm using LFS and havent had any luck finding an answer from them. So what
> > script gets executed after KDM acknowledges a succesful login?

~/.xsession should be it.

For example, see /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xsession or wherever you have
that installed.

Look at /usr/X11R6/share/kde/config/kdm/kdmrc or wherever you have it for
"Session", like:

  Session=/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xsession

You used LFS (Linux from Scratch) for X and KDE -- I am impressed. (I also
build entire Linux distro from source; it is a lot of work and time.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/