RWhois & ARIN

Dallas Helquist plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
26 Feb 2003 17:27:03 -0700

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 13:55, Gilbert T. Gutierrez, Jr. wrote:
> Does anyone have any familiarity with setting up RWhois to interface with
> ARIN?  I have a working test server and am working on my templates with
> ARIN.
Sort of.  Server still isn't registered w/ ARIN, and the emails listed
in the template and elsewhere generate bounces.

> Second question, I was wondering if anyone has seen an administrative tool
> for RWhois that allows information to be pulled from a SQL database and put
> into the appropriate text files?  It is a lot of work building those text
> files for all of my customers from scratch.
I have a script that pulls the data (indirectly) from a SQL database to
build the network.txt and other files.  It was fairly straightforward
using perl - the sql query returned netblock, cidr, and cust. id, which
the script turned into the appropriate files using print statements and
a few loops.  Send me an email off list if you would like to look at the
script - it's probably not too useful, since I grab the sql data via a
web script (SQL is MSQL, it's a cold fusion script that just dumps the
data).

-dallas
--
To envision how a 4-processor system running [SunOS] 4.1.x works, think
of four kids and one bathroom. -- John DiMarco