Kinda quiet out there in PLUG-Land

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 14:08:30 -0700 (MST)

Michael Havens said:
> 	Is someone going to tell me what I need to do to organize the
> install-fest or
> am I on my own?

I saw someone post that University of Phoenix would lend us a facility.  I
think the starting point is finding out what day they will let us have the
facility.  Find out how big it is.  How many classrooms there are we can
use.  What kind of amenities are there.

This should be a good start.  As once we have a 'date' and an idea of
facility we can start making concrete plans.  Two things that are
proverbial gotcha's are not having a solid date/time and not providing
proper advance notice.

To get swag, volunteers and properly market, you need good lead time.  The
quicker we know where and when, the sooner we can start assembling and
spreading the word.

> 	I think that we should do this install fest where we offer
> distributions
> rather than just one. And we should probably have demo computers with

In the past, basically we offer to install the "common" ones, but will
install any distro you bring install media for.

--
Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise