Newbie

Joel Dudley plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 23:49:18 -0700

You will get varied answers depending on who you speak to but I
personally think OS X and Linux are complimentary opposites. For many
people on the list the two OS's are employed in complete harmony while
some of the more staunch Linux advocates see OS X as yet another
proprietary operating system (YAPOS?). I personally use OS X for my
workstations and Linux on my servers. Of course I am addicted to COCOA
programming and objective-C so I am a bit biased. with PERL, SSH, NFS,
Samba, etc on OS X you can easily get it to play nice with Linux.
Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux.

- Joel