Module loading at startup

Jenny Charlene plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 11:28:17 -0700

With my previous kernel (2.4.18-19 RedHat 8.0) I compiled in crypto support,
mainly because I couldn't get the modules to autoload. Now, I've got
2.4.18-24 going and would like to get things working this time around.

My question is how do you specify modules to load at startup?

Things work ok with the standart distro modules, but the crypto modules are
included, but not really a part of the distro, so they don't seem to get the
system calls to auto load. I would add 'alias' lines to modules.conf, but I
don't know what to alias to what. I've tried adding 'insmod cryptoapi' into
it, but that just causes an error.

Any ideas?
--
Take care,
Jenny

Random quote of the day:
Life may have no meaning, or, even worse, it may have a meaning of which
you disapprove.