Elsa Erazor X

Brian Cluff plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 14:40:52 -0700

Michael Havens wrote:

>It says that the default has acceleration on but if that is so then I guess
>with it off nothing would move!
>Wait, if it doesn;t work does that mean you do not see things properly? The
>problem that I am experiencing is that with the high graphics the video moves
>VERY   s   l   o   w   l   y.

The video drivers that are bundeled with the X server do indeed support
accelerated displays, but only for 2D graphics, for anything that uses
OpenGL or 3D displays, you will need to get and install the drivers from
teh Nvidia webpage at:
http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=linux_display_ia32_1.0-4191
If you are running a stock kernel from a common distro, they probably
have some RPM's that you can just install, tweek your
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4, and you'll be running very fast.  I used to have
the exact same video card, and I was very pleased with it's preformance.
 It wasn't until I started playing Unreal Tournament 2003 that it
started to feel just a little on the slow side.
If you aren't running a stock kernel, or you have one of the most
oddball or older distro, you will have to compile a kernel module to get
the drivers working properly.

Brian Cluff