Elsa Erazor X

Michael Havens plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 23 Feb 2003 00:15:04 -0700

Hi guys and gals out there in geek-land.
=09I know I told you all that I had a GeForce 256 video card but being th=
e=20
non-geek (or should I say 'geek in training') that I am, I was incorrect.=
 The=20
video card that the linux box says I have is the one priorly mentioned bu=
t as=20
I looked through my old CD collection I found a video card disk. When I f=
irst=20
looked at the hardware listing in the mandrake control center and under=20
videocard was listed 'GeForce 256' I thought to myself that this was NOT =
the=20
card I put in. But I figured that since everything was working it was fin=
e.=20
Then as I tried various programs under the amusement menu I none of the h=
igh-=20
graphics worked properly. The solution I thought was to download a graphi=
cs=20
driver (which is proving to be a daunting task). As I said previously as =
I=20
was looked through my CD collection  today I found  an Erazor X Graphics=20
Accelerator Drivers and Tools disk.
=09So that is why the graphical games do not work properly. The  computer=
 thinks=20
that I have another card. So I looked at the control center again and cli=
cked=20
the settings tab. There was a setting for an Erazor II and Erazor III. Da=
rn!=20
So I went to the company's web site. It is a company in Germany and they =
do=20
not have a driver for Linux. How disappointing!
=09Does anyone know of a driver I could use for it?
--=20