kernel compiles - help

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 19:15:15 -0500

"Jeremy C. Reed" wrote:
> =

> On Sat, 22 Feb 2003, George Toft wrote:
> =

> > No - simple IDE box.
> =

> =

> What are the exact errors?
> =

> What messages are directly previous?
> =

> Any messages after?
> =

> Maybe it isn't a kernel error. Maybe it's a mount, fstab or startup scr=
ipt
> issue.
> =

> Do you have this error when you go back to the original (working) kerne=
l?
> =

> Provide a little more context about your situation and we may be able t=
> help.
> =

>    Jeremy C. Reed
>    http://www.reedmedia.net/
> =

The problem was that I had the filesystem drivers (ext3) loaded as a
module and not built into the kernel.  Doooh!

That should teach me to compile kernels at 2am.

Now I'm battling the video, but I think I have a handle on that :)

Thanks anyway.

George
-- =

Discover . . .         | Free Computer Security Information
        <=B7=B7=B7> Secure   | http://www.georgetoft.com/security
         Networking    | =

@http://georgetoft.com | Lock your box - keep your affairs private!