Mr.Project frustration

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
22 Feb 2003 15:45:33 -0700

On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 13:55, Alan Dayley wrote:
> I just spent some time entering project tasks and dependencies on my first use
> of Mr. Project.  Looks pretty good and useful.  However, I now want to
> produce a report and the File>Print menu selection is disabled.  Mr. Project
> evidently does not have print capability!  So...
>
> 1-I didn't see it but is there an update to Mr. Project that has print
> capability?  (I am using what installed with Red Hat 8.0 so it is relatively
> current and the web site says nothing about printing but I thought I'd ask.)
>
> 2-How do I capture the screen to print from screen shots?  (yucky but can get
> me by for now.)
>
> 3-What project management tools do any of you recommend?  (I'll have to
> migrate to something else.)

-----
I'm disappointed that you chose to whine rather than check out the
project page...

*** *** *** ***
Over-all changes between 0.8 and 0.9

Finally we have the one most wanted feature in place:

(Glynn, drum roll please?)

Printing!

Hopefully this will make MrProject a lot more usable for many of you. We
are using gnome-print 2.2.x for printing, which is a new requirement. It
can be downloaded from the MrProject ftp site.

Since you didn't bother figuring out the URL for the project, I'll give
it to you...
<http://www.codefactory.se/press/mrproject-0.9>

Yes, there are RPM's for RH 8.0

<ftp://ftp.codefactory.se/pub/software/mrproject/RedHat/8.0>

Took me less time to find that then it took you to write the email.

Craig