Quick Question

Mark Phillips plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 19:46:31 -0700

I quote my Langensheidt German English Dictionary:

"..almost like the French u in sur. It may be acquired by saying "i" through fairly closely rounded lips."

I speak German, and still don't quite understand the definition. It is much closer to the OOOH and nothing like YOU.

It is one of those foreign sounds that you just have to go to Germany to learn...Anyone up for a road trip???

Mark Phillips
Phillips Marketing, Inc.
mark@phillipsmarketing.biz
480 945-0798
480 945-9197 fax

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message,
however, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.