sync'ing ldap w/mysql data

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:23:14 -0500

I currently keep all of my information in
a couple MySQL databases. Everything from
contact info, to my own invoice system. I love
having everything in one spot.

I have written a Perl script to generate a ldif file
(by querying the MySQL database)
which I initially used to populate my ldap server.
What I would like to do/create is a means by which
to periodically keep the ldap entries sync'd with
what is in the mysql db. Nothing is ever modified
in the ldap sever, it is just queried by email clients
(Thank you COX for not blocking 389 :)

I am just looking for some thoughts on how to
keep these sync'd. All of my entries in the ldap
server take on the form

dn: cn=Contact Name,ou=Addressbook,dc=mydomain,dc=com

I wonder if it is just as simple as deleting everything
in the ou=Addressbook on down, and then repopulating
from a query from MySQL. If so, what is the correct way
to do so?

v/r
-Mike