Home Security software

Kurt Granroth plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:57:41 -0700

On Tuesday 18 February 2003 03:39 pm, Derek Neighbors wrote:
> Nathan England said:
> > I'm looking for some type of home security software that could monitor
> > a live  video and audio feed and begin recording when it detects
> > sound/movement.
> >
> > I know someone out there has to be working on something like this.
> > Anyone have any recomendations?
>
> http://gspy.sourceforge.net/
> Here is an article on gspy.
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=6232
>

> You might look at http://misterhouse.sourceforge.net/ which has lots of
> X10 goodies and likely an X10 remote camera is a cheap solution.

The one thing that I've never been able to find even a *hint* of is image
recognition software that can be used via a remote camera.  What I would
love is a simple (or not so simple) program that given a head shot (or heat
signature or profile), could match it to one of a few known images.

Basically, I would like to have some X10 cameras around the house that would
"know" who was in any particular part of the house.  I haven't found even
the remotest clue that something like that exists at all for home use in
either proprietary or open source form.
--
Kurt Granroth - "KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop"
KDE Developer/Evangelist | granroth@kde.org