Portable MP3 players?

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:43:56 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Jenny Charlene wrote:

> I'm considering several models, and would like to know what y'all are using.
> I'll tally the results and post a summary if I get a decent sample ( >10).
>
> Which model do you have?

archos jukebox recorder atm.  15g hardrive.  usb.  used to have the
regular player with a 6g hdd.

> Do you use it with Windows, Linux, or Mac X?

linux and windows.  usb-storage module for linux.  looks just like another
scsi drive (sda1)

> Likes / dislikes?

15g of storage. yum.  recorder.  decent.  playlists, directory browsing,
small.  opensource firmware for it (search for rockbox) whats not to like?
comes with an rca cable to plug into stereo stuff.  batteries last awhile
and are rechargable.  with a cassette adapter, its the perfect car stereo
:)  equalizer built in.  its awesome.  I wouldnt recommend anything but
this.  they also have an mp3 player with a built in fm tuner (you can
record straight from the radio to mp3 on the harddrive of the unit :)

> If you're thinking about upgrading, what model(s) are you thinking about?

i dont have more than 15g of mp3's, so I have no need to upgrade.

david

--
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
--Darth Vader