Heat problems

Tom Ward plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 21:45:32 -0700

Michael Havens wrote:

> Do you think my woes of last night could be a result of that. Another problem
> I seem to be expierencing is that the spreadsheet of OO is not calculating
> anything. If I remember correctly, when I was told I had a heat problem it
> was making mistakes like this. Anyone have a spare fan they can sell me for
> cheap?
> --

After reading the thread about Heat Problems, I blew the dust out of my PC and I
noticed a drop in the CPU temp from 51 to 45.  I hadn't realized how much dust
was in there.

I noticed I've got leaky Taiwanese Capacitors as mentioned on Slashdot, so the
mother board is going out for repair.  If you're opening up you PC to blow out
the dust bunnies be sure to visually inspect the components before buttoning it
up.  Thanks to all who brought up the subject of regularly blowing out the dust.

Regards,
Tom