RMS and GNU/Linux (again)

G.D.Thurman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 08:54:15 -0700 (MST)

On 16 Feb 2003, Derek Neighbors wrote:

> Those that have met him in person of course dislike him for other reasons.

Bottom-line:  RMS is a genius who "is-a" computing Guru.

Quote from Robert Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance):

   It's not the "nice" guy who brings about real social change.
   "Nice" guys look nice because they're conforming.  It's the
   "bad" guys, who only look nice a hundred years later, that
   are the real Dynamic force in social evolution.

Here is a picture Stallman took when he visited Arizona during
October 2001.  He didn't want the picture because I was going
to copy the image from my camera to a Windows machine.

I-17 Sunset Point Rest Area north of Phoenix.
http://deru.com/~gdt/images/SunsetPoint.jpg

<sidebar>
According to Ed Yourdon, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle
Maintenance is a great "computer" book.
http://www.yourdon.com/articles/Heller.html
</sidebar>

G.D.Thurman [CS/CIS Instructor]