Need KDE help

Aaron Cordova plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:30:46 +0000

Hello, I'm running mandrake 8.2 and trying to install KDE 3.1
I used the program konstruct to build it. Of course there was an error, it
said it couldn't find -lfontconfig. So I went and got the source to
fontconfig and of course it wont compile either. Fontconfig says I'm missing
expat.h. So I installed expat via rpm with no problems. I rebooted the
system but fontconfig still cant find expat.h and I cant install fontconfig
via rpm because it needs to have libfontconfig installed first and when I
try to install libfontconfig via rpm it fails because it need fontconfig
installed first. Why the hell the packager didnt put them together I dont
know and I'm not gonna ask. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you
solve it?