LotR:FotR soundtrack CD on Linux

Dr. Ghastly plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 22:03:00 -0700

I would be interested to know how you ript he music off the DVD..?

I didn't know you could do that

----- Original Message -----
From: "der.hans" <PLUGd@LuftHans.com>
To: <plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 9:52 PM
Subject: Re: LotR:FotR soundtrack CD on Linux

Am 12. Feb, 2003 schwätzte Alan Dayley so:

> I just popped in my Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring movie
> soundtrack CD to listen to while doing email.  What could be better?!
>
> Well, no sound played.  Konqueror cranked up and displayed files that are
> designed to autostart content when the disk is inserted in a Windows box.
> Great.  The fine print on the back of the case says it is an enhanced CD
for
> going to places on the web.  Great.  I just want to play the music.
Google
> searched turned up an endless list of reviews for the music, movie or game
CD
> but I see nothing that notes how to play the music "hidden" behind the
> "enhancement"  (grumble!  gripe!)
>
> Any ideas on how to get to the music?

Take the CD back. Send mail to Peter Jackson telling him to get a clue. Rip
the music off the DVDs into ogg format.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  If you're not learning, you're not living. - der.hans