Waging War on Business

Jim plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
11 Feb 2003 17:23:50 -0700

On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 17:04, Darrell Shandrow wrote:
> Hi William,
>
> In some ways, this practice does not seem overly unreasonable to me.  After
> all, stealing is stealing.  Its one thing for home users to do this, but it
> is quite another more serious matter for a business to be using stolen
> software as tools to make money!  If a business is doing the right thing
> with respect to its software use, then there should be no need for amnesty
> or for worries about what a disgruntled employee might say.  Just my $.02...

So the logi is that the monopolist charges inflated prices that the
small business can't afford so he must seek alternatives and if the BSA
(a.k.a. MS and Adobe) catch you, they will drive you out of business
because you couldnt or wouldnt pay their outrageous licensing fees.

Ah, America - land of corporate greed