Microsoft's first listed "Top Knowledgebase Article" on technet

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
09 Feb 2003 17:28:57 -0700

On Sun, 2003-02-09 at 15:40, Sundar wrote:
> I thought you can buy Dell without M$. Two years back, I ordered one dual
> processor server configuration with no software. For WinNT, they said that
> they would charge $250.

-----
servers there is no dispute

On the desktop machines, it would appear (I checked only briefly) that
there isn't any way to get them to sell without Windows.

As for the royalty paid to Microsoft on all machines regardless of
whether there was Microsoft Windows OS on it or not, I believe that
pricing incentive program was discontinued as part of the remedy for the
anti-trust decision.

Craig