more MySQL issues

mazdaracer plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 08 Feb 2003 10:34:17 -0800

This was the original beginning when I tried the postnuke install via
the install.php script per postnuke instructions.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_pconnect() in
/var/www/html/postnuke/html/install/newinstall.php on line 36

Then I started to run from the command line mysql commands. That's when
I discovered I had some user id problems looking at the main mysql DB. I
was able to get in w/o a password. That finally got resolved, so I went
back to the postnuke install.

Still getting the same error, so I "up2date php-mysql" (RH8) and it
updated a bunch of stuff. Running phpinfo(), while showing what is in
the dbx section as below, does not show a mysql section. And I still
have the error as shown above.

Via the command line I'm able to get into the mysql and test DB's and
poke around, so I know mysql is up. php seems to work, but not the DB
connection.

Beleive it or not, on a previous (Mandrake) installation, I had similar
problems that did get resolved by uninstalling and re-installing php and
mysql, but I don't remember doing apache with that too because webmin
showed php support for the apache module.

And now when I use webmin to check out the mysql svr, I get a password
prompt as I expect.

I do apologize to the list for all this! I've been searching the net
like crazy to find others' fixes.

pete