more MySQL issues

Jeffrey Pyne plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 15:32:00 -0700

On Friday, February 07, 2003 2:53 PM, mazdaracer wrote:

> So now I'm getting the infamous "undefined function "mysql_connect"
> when trying to get postnuke installed. I haven't touched the php.ini
> and I've created the database but can't get past that. I've searched
> the forums but haven't found anything yet that I've been able to use.

It almost sounds like your installation of PHP doesn't have MySQL support
built in.  Create a script called phpinfo.php with the following contents
and run it from your browser:

----- SNIP -----
<HTML><BODY>
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
</BODY></HTML>
----- SNIP -----

You should see something like "--with-mysql=shared,/usr" in the Configure
Command section.  Farther down the page, you should also see a "mysql"
section which lists various MySQL settings.  If you don't see these things,
you don't have MySQL support built into PHP.

> I saw an apt-get but that's for Debian and I'm running RH8.

I installed PHP4 from the RedHat 8.0 installation CDs, and MySQL support was
built in.  Did you roll your own or install from an RPM that came from
somewhere other than RedHat?

> I really have to document all these little fixes!

Pfffft!  Documentation is for sissies.  Just memorize everything.  :)

~Jeff