Dependencies

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
03 Feb 2003 21:16:06 -0700

--=-sEcWOjKM7dRU0LLB926Z

On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 21:05, Michael Havens wrote:
> How do I determine unsatisfied dependencies of a tar ball with a list of=20
> dependencies?

Depends.

You either download tar/balls of the dependencies and compile them and
their dependencies or you go install the packages for the dependencies
for the distribution you are using.

That said, unless you are doing development on something or need some
wierd configurations (or just love optimizing things), I suggest using
packages instead of tar balls, or of course if you just demand compiling
everything use Gentoo or BSD Ports which support the equivalent of tar
ball packaging. ;)

my 2 cents

--=20
Derek Neighbors