ntp server - anyone done it?

W. E. Brooks plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
03 Feb 2003 12:26:52 -0700

I am running the ntp daemon "ntpd" on a Linux server to keep it in sync
with Internet standard time servers. The Linux server functions as the
Primary Domain Controller for a network of Linux and Windows PC's.
At boot time, the Linux PC's use ntpdate in a startup script to sync
their clocks and the Windows PC's use a "net time" command in a logon
script to sync their clocks.

This technique has worked fine for me. It keeps the time synchronized
for the entire network. If you need super accurate times then you may
need to use a different approach.

W. E. Brooks

--
W. E. Brooks <brooksw1@cox.net>