Looking for Kylix tutor

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 1 Feb 2003 08:52:04 -0700 (MST)

> My immediate trouble is that the TSQLConnection
> (specifically the test connection) fails user/password
> getting to postgresql, even tho psql, as the same
> user, runs queries OK.  There are so many things I can
> learn if connected.

Do me a favor.  Open up a shell on the machine postgres is installed on.

type

psql -h localhost -U username database

where username= valid user and database = valid database.

Tell me what happens on the response.

A very common problem with postgres is that TCP/IP connections are not
enabled.  psql by default uses a different mechanism to connect.  So you
can open psql till your hearts content and do everythign you like.
However, as soon as you have an application try to connect (using tcp/ip)
you get all sorts of errors.

-Derek