SCSI was the culprit

Vaughn Treude plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 06:57:40 -0400

You mean initio?  I hadn't thought of contacting the company, because the card
is three years old.  It did work quite well at first.  Actually, the brand
name's a SIIG, which I guess the latter was reselling under its own name.  (I
bought a new SIIG SCSI from Fry's, an AP-10, and I can't find any drivers for
it - so I may habe to take that one back.) The old initio card was in a Win98
system that was in a 10-year-old case and had numerous problems, many of
which seemed to be hardware-related (perhaps the power supply was getting
flakey; as it runs much better in the new case.)

Or if you mean Mandrake, I didn't contact them because I didn't buy support,
and in any case, I assumed it was a hardware problem.  Sadly enough, my tale
of woe continues:  Red Hat 9 is still not stable, and Mandrake 9.1 won't
allow me to communicate over the network, even after reinstalling as a
standard workstation with a normal security level.  So there may be problems
with my motherboard as well.  Soyo (the motherboard manufacturer) has
responded to my pleas, but the message was the standard "reset the CMOS"
thing, which I don't expect to work, but I may end up trying anyway.

Vaughn