PCMCIA Card Suitability with SuSE / User experience

Fred Wright plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 18:00:04 -0700

The experience described on
http://www.pairlist.net/pipermail/linux-laptop/2002-July/000525.html was
correct for my configuration also.  I purchased the D-Link DFE-690TXD
32-Bit Cardbus 10/100 PC Card today at Fry's (If you need one, you pay
Fry's $19.99 + tax by 4/30/03, mail in the rebate request by 5/30/03 to
receive $10.00 back for a net of $9.99 + the taxes).  Installation was more
complicated on W98SE than on SuSE 8.0  On SuSE, you plug in the PC Card,
power up under SuSE, use Control Center/YAST to define the Network Card and
Basic Network, reboot the computer (I suspect that that there is probably a
CLI method to avoid the reboot) and connect to the Internet.

--
Fred Wright
fawright@earthlink.net