Recomendations on Reliable Wireless Network Hardware

Austin Godber plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 09:16:31 -0700

I have used only one USB wireless NIC.  It was a Belkin and seemed to
get MUCH worse reception than my laptop with a PCMCIA Wireless NIC.  The
comparison of the two were in the exact same setup and envorinment.  The
Belkin had to be painfully placed in a specific spot in the room to get
workable reception, while I could go anywhere in the same room with the
laptop and have no problems at all.  So I may suggest looking at
something other than a Belkin.

Austin