Dummy lan question

Vaughn Treude plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 25 Apr 2003 16:09:26 -0400

Jim,
Thanks for your reply.  Yes, the other systems are defined in the /etc/hosts
file.  I expect this is some sort of permission thing, but I'm not sure where
to set it.  I configured it without a firewall (this is an internal system on
my lan) but I'm not sure how to verify that no firewall software is running.
I know I had this problem about a year and a half ago on my notebook - had to
edit some file to allow others to connect - but I don't remember what file
that was.

Vaughn