Flushing drives

Deepak Saxena plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 21 Apr 2003 09:26:07 -0700

do an 'lsof | grep <mount point>'

lsof gives you a list of all open file descriptors in the system
and what process owns them, so you'll be able to see what's still
hanging on to an open file. kill it it or maybe even kill -9 it.
You may want to go file an evolution bug once you find out what
it is as a shutdown app should not leave random helpers apps
hanging around.

~Deepak

On Apr 21 2003, at 00:00, Jenny Charlene was caught saying: