login shell

Craig White plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
21 Apr 2003 14:02:55 -0700

I have been going crazy trying to make fetchmail work (redhat 8.0)

It seems if I log in as the user and run fetchmail, errors abound and
each message differs in the number of bytes by 3 or 4 and none of the
emails are downloaded / flushed from the server.

If I log in as root and then "su craig" it works fine.

I have therefore added the command to "su craig && fetchmail -d 240" to
/etc/rc.local to start the daemon in this same manner but it would have
seemed easier to run a cron script but like above, it no workee.

Anyone care to make me a little more intelligent about why this happens?

Craig