The LUGOD Challenge

Jim plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
16 Apr 2003 15:22:12 -0700

--=-Wbi8sCCBr5zdrYLJgprQ

I offer you a link to the Linux User Group of Davis (CA).  Take a look
at how much a very active group of Linux users are doing.  Then think
about how we can take PLUG to that level.

LUGOD is at http://www.lugod.org/

It can serve as a good example of what AZOTO can become too.  They offer
services and activities that any group would be proud of.

Now comes the reality.  LUGOD doesnt pull that stuff off with a small
core group of people.  They have lots of people who are very active in
LUGOD.  I guess the real question we need to ask is does PLUG have the
kind of members who can do what LUGOD is doing?  I say we do.  I say if
we get a bunch of members to donate a few hours a week, we can be as
good as LUGOD and maybe even better.

Do we?  Can we?  You tell me!
--=20
 Jim