Transferring users

Bob George plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 10:10:26 -0700

On Tuesday 15 April 2003 09:45 am, Kyle Faber wrote:
> 	I am trying to determine the best way to effectively copy the /etc/passwd
> file from one machine to another.  I have read that you can not do this by
> merely copying the associated files, but is there some method I can use to
> accomplish this idea?

Are you MOVING the accounts, or you just want the same users to have access to
similarly named accounts on both machines? Reason I ask is that I've got four
PCs for my users (family), and I'm (testing) using NIS/NFS to allow them to
log into any of four separate PCs and have the same desktop settings.

- Bob