Transferring users

David Mandala plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
15 Apr 2003 09:51:55 -0700

Well if the machine is a new build you could actually cut and paste the
users entries from the following files and paste them into the
respective ones on the new machine. But you would still have to create
the necessary home directories to go with the accounts.

passwd
shadow
group
gshadow

Then create the home directories and you are off and running. If the
machine is not a new build it could be much more complicated as you
could have accounts already on the machine that use the same uid's and
gids which is a no no.

Cheers,

Davidm

--
David IS Mandala
gpg fingerprint 8932 E7EF CCF5 1B8C 1B5C A92E C678 795E 45B2 D952