CVS questions

Ted Gould plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
15 Apr 2003 07:59:38 -0700

--=-lVkCxn1icnpsV4cVGAI/

As a slight tangent to the CVS discussion, as anyone used SVN yet?

http://subversion.tigris.org/

It seems to be a much needed replacement for CVS, but they keep pushing
out the 1.0 date.  I'm curious if it's stable enough for general use.=20
I'm very much interested in getting real version control, something that
can version directories is a must in my opinion.

		--Ted

PS - there are even a couple of GUIs in the works!

On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 18:29, Carl Parrish wrote:
> I'm working on a project which is *badly* in need of version control. So
> of course I suggested CVS. The only problem here is that the graphic
> designers and the content people aren't comfortable with CVS from the
> command line. I know there are tons of GUI CVS clients out there but I
> have no idea which are good and which aren't Does anyone have any
> suggestions? Esp web tools that have a cvs plugin or such (these do not
> have to be free tools). The other snag is most of the development team
> is on Linux. Most of the graphic designers are on OSX, and most of the
> Content Developers are on Windoze. The developers are pretty comfortable
> from the command line so I don't *really* need a GUI for them. But the
> content and the graphic designers should have the same interface. What
> would be *perfect* for me (and I'll start googling now) is a plugin to
> dreamweaver that would allow me to use CVS.=20
>=20
> Any responses will be appreciated =20

--=-lVkCxn1icnpsV4cVGAI/

--=-lVkCxn1icnpsV4cVGAI/--