Ard Linux

Phil Winninghoff plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 09:55:57 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0047_01C2FDB5.0D789770

Has anyone had any experience with the Arc Linux distribution? The =
reason I am interested is that I have been doing some volunteer work =
with a YMCA directed at children. There was a news release, a while =
back, saying they are working on a special children's distribution. I =
went to there site at http://www.arklinux.org/ and downloaded their =
installation package on my Windows box. Darn - I'm stuck with this thing =
till I build enough courage to load Linux on it. I ended up with a file =
called arklinux.iso that I intended to burn it on a 650 MB CD-ROM. The =
problem is, the file is 707.648 MB. They will ship me a CD-ROM via =
snailmail for 10 EURO (Must be some European's but they have a US =
address I think.) It appears that they may be in the Beta stage. I =
decided to see if anyone knows more about them than I have been able to =
find before I spend money and end up with a pig in a poke and a lot of =
frustration.

------=_NextPart_000_0047_01C2FDB5.0D789770

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Has anyone had any experience with the =
Arc Linux=20
distribution? The reason I am interested is that I have been doing some=20
volunteer work with a YMCA directed at children. There was a news =
release, a=20
while back, saying they&nbsp;are working on&nbsp;a special children's=20
distribution. I went to there site at <A=20
href=3D"http://www.arklinux.org/">http://www.arklinux.org/</A>&nbsp;and =
downloaded=20
their installation package on my Windows box. Darn -&nbsp;I'm stuck with =
this=20
thing till I build enough courage to load Linux on it. I ended up with a =
file=20
called arklinux.iso that I intended to burn it on a 650 MB CD-ROM. The =
problem=20
is, the file is 707.648 MB. They will ship me a CD-ROM via snailmail for =
10 EURO=20
(Must be some European's but they have a US address I think.) It appears =
that=20
they may be in the Beta stage. I decided to see if anyone knows more =
about them=20
than I have been able to find before I spend money and end up with a pig =
in a=20
poke and a lot of frustration.</FONT></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0047_01C2FDB5.0D789770--