Stolen laptop

Thomas Cameron plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 11:05:01 -0500

Howdy from Austin, Texas...

I am an Austin LUG member, and I need some help from someone in the
Phoenix/Scottsdale area...  I bought a Dell Inspiron on eBay from a guy with
over 200 positive feedbacks.  The CDRW drive was flaky so I called Dell.  I
found out the laptop was bought from Dell with a stolen check.  Without
telling the seller I knoew it was stolen, I asked to return the laptop for a
refund because of the drive.  He agreed, and I sent the laptop back.
Surprise, surprise, he keeps saying he "will send the refund next week."

Here's where I need help...  All I have on the guy is the name "Eric" and
the address 6702 E. Dreyfus in Scottsdale.  I am trying to get the guy's
full name.  A friend of mine who is a detective here in Austin said that a
license plate or something like that would really help.  Alternatively, if
anyone knows how to check the ownership or utility records of a house in
that area, I would be really greatful.

Thanks,
Thomas Cameron